We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address, billing address, telephone number, payment information, occupation, how you heard of use) that you provide by using products on the Website or completing forms, including if you register as a user of the Website, upload or submit any material via the Website, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Website;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content; and
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes. If you access the Services through your Facebook ID, you are allowing the Services to access your information. We will use all information available that we may receive through your Facebook account in accordance with Facebook’s policies and your account privacy settings selected through Facebook, so please review such policies and settings.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the services.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
User Content; Testimonials
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service. In order to improve and provide the Services, we may also track your usage of and interaction with our emails, such as opens and clicks.
When you visit the Website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Website and will last for longer.
- Remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Website;
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Website (including how long you spend on the Website) and where you have come to the Website from, so that we can improve the Website and learn which parts of the Website are most popular with visitors;
- Gather information about the pages on the Website that you visit; and
- Remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Website.
Some of the cookies used by the Website are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Website, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website.
Essential session management
- Creating a specific log-in session for a visitor to our Website in order that the site remembers that a visitor is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner.
- Recognizing when a visitor to the Website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the Website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
- Recognizing when a visitor to the Website is a registered member.
- We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our services.
- Customizing elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Website for example by storing a country code and providing users with content relevant to their country.
Performance and measurement
- Collecting statistical information about how our visitors use the Website so that we can improve the Website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Website. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the Website or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Website are visited and whether particular content is of interest.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- Enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Website and which you request;
- Administer your account with us;
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- Audit the downloading of data from the Website;
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website and customise them for users;
- Identify visitors to the Website;
- Carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
- We will send analytics to our retail partners but such analytics will not contain any personally identifiable information about you without your consent.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Information We Share With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is information about me secure?
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What choices do I have regarding my information?
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect. You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features. You can delete your Account. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and information submitted publicly may remain publicly accessible.
The Website may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Website is sent to and stored on secure servers. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing).